Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some Colourful F11 Fun 😄🤡🔭

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

That is a pretty scope, looks very well built, have fun with it! i see the skywatcher 80 has been replaced and is now lonely amongst other bits on your desk.

Cheers , it's no Tak / T.V build wise but good 😃 , there,s an ST120 & 150 hiding there

(refractors all over the place) but it's the HA etalon stuff that gets hidden away.

56 minutes ago, NGC 1502 said:

Hoping the views are less ‘colourful’ than the tube 😁😁

Ed.

So do I 😊 , I've no idea what i,m going to do with it  , bought it gung ho to try making an

attractive PST mod but I'm not so sure now 🤔

• Like 1

Looks a very nice scope, many here have or have had one.
It is a scope that has kerb appeal to me, I rather like its shorter FL but bigger aperture cousin the 150 f5.9.
I do hope the solar work does not involve any hacking at such a fine looking scope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solar B said:

These look great Pez 😃 ... You very clearly love and enjoy longer FL  refractors  👍

I do have one question ... do your neighbours ever get a bit nervous 😂

Brian 

🤣 I haven't received any formal complain or so sofar, but sure they must be nervous every time I deploy the big gun 😁   Seriously I do most of my observations from the rooftop, but sometimes I am bit lazy and try to catch up some doubles and the planets behind the buildings from my tiny balcony. Then you see all neighbours  shutting their windows up at once  🤷‍♂️🤣

Enjoy your new scope, a double star cracker!

Edited by pez_espada
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lovely scope Brian.  I have the older white version, but always really wanted the red one.

I really like mine, but it's a bit under mounted on my EQ5 so I got a Motorised Moonlite Focuser and it's much more useable now I don't have to touch the tube to focus.

I've had some cracking views through mine. WL solar included......though not recently now that the sun is sleeping.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ade 

I had always admired the Lyra ones and when this one became available I couldn't resist 

Yours sounds great with the ML ... would be good to see a couple of pics 😃

They're no longer available but you do see a couple up for grabs and they are 

worth a punt as they're quite well made.