Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Space Shuttle is up for sale.

supernova

Anybody intrested ?

I bet Jeremy Clarkson puts a bid in for one for his front garden.

Nasa space shuttles up for sale

Nasa's soon-to-be-retired space shuttles are up for sale. The space agency said it is looking for ideas on where and how best to display its space shuttles once they stop flying in a few years. Nasa has put out a call to schools, science museums and "other appropriate organisations" that might be interested in showcasing one of the three remaining shuttles. However, Nasa has warned that it estimates it will cost about 42 million dollars (£27 million) to get each shuttle ready and get it where it needs to go, and the final tab could total much more. The estimate includes 6 million dollars (£3.9 million) to ferry the craft on top of a modified jumbo jet to the closest major airport. But the price could skyrocket depending on how far the display site is from the airport. Only indoor, climate-controlled displays will be considered.

I wont one. :scratch:

I would have thought that since the American tax payers paid for them in the first place, they should be the rightful owners anyway, so why should they pay twice. I think Bill Gates should pay a nominal fee of a couple of million dollars for each Shuttle, and pay to have them installed at places where the people decide they would like them. And one place that should not get one, is DisneyLand.

They should be used to encourage youngsters to engage in the Sciences, so they need to go where they would stimulate

that best.

Ron. :(

Well, I've put a request in for one.

I've measured the back garden and I think it will just fit.

Mind you, I said I wanted it serviced first and the logbook fully-stamped up-to-date!

Z

I think you should ask for a certificate of airworthiness as well :(:D

Maybe they should put them on Ebay, Anyone bid yet!! :(

Jeff.

They tried to put The Hubble telescope on Ebay but, one bid, because they said buyer to collect :shock:

I think he bid 15.gif

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: Maybe, if someone bought a shuttle they could go and collect the scope!

Archived