Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The perfect flock... well almost!

Fozzie

6 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Oh yes, that’s my style.

Then sit thinking, why the ****@@%%+&(&5+5=5(=5( did I just do that

And then the lens cell starts to unscrew stuck up in the dew shield... you have to tell yourself not to panic although the situation is getting away from you, rapid! 

All free now though... and unflocked!

17 minutes ago, johninderby said:

No problem. Just get out the angle grinder and grind some off. 😁😁😁

Nip it down for binos at the same time... what could go wrong..

• Like 1

I guess that's a potential issue with sliding dew shields although my TMB/LZOS 130 has a flocked sliding affair. I believe it was flocked when made though so the flocking material thickness has obviously been allowed for in the machining of the sliding mechanism.

9 hours ago, John said:

I guess that's a potential issue with sliding dew shields although my TMB/LZOS 130 has a flocked sliding affair. I believe it was flocked when made though so the flocking material thickness has obviously been allowed for in the machining of the sliding mechanism.

Never even considered this to be a potential issue, still goes to show that it's a well engineered bit of refractor, the papers not exactly thick.. 1mm maybe! 

• Like 1