NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from rural Lincolnshire

2e1ebr

Hi all :hello1:

I am studying some OU courses on "How the Universe works" and such like so astronomy is a big part of what I am doing. Just got a Celestron CG-5 6" XLT seems a good machine just need to start spending on it, lenses, camera etc...

Off to Jod Bank soon and looking to do some radio astronomy courses also.

Have had a few cold nights playing with the scope but lots to learn, can't wait to get it sorted so I can run it remote from the front room in the warm.

Welcome to SGL :(

Linclonshire has some great dark skies so a good place to be.

One downside to observing from indoors is you can miss very bright meteors (which are more common than you mght think) or some other interesting unexpected event. I use a roll off roof obervatory it keeps the wind off and allows me to see all the sky.

Mike (rural SW Scotland)

Thanks all, By the way I kept the 2e1 by choice I just like the callsign. Ham radio, running marathons and extreme events, mountain bike races are some of my other things.

Yes I have been making a wish list and it's starting to get expensive!

January sales may be fun :(

Archived