Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC405 & IC410 Mosaic

carastro

I  started this two pane Mosaic over the last couple of nights (the first I have done), and hopped from one target to the other on both nights, and again just to do the Blue subs which focussed differently.

Unfortunately I didn't get as much data on the Tadpoles as the Flaming star as it clouded over unexpectedly (i.e. Sat24 still showed it should be clear). Would have liked to have got some more on this, but looks like wall to wall clouds for the foreseeable. I stitched this together manually in Photoshop, but have since been told about ICE so will use that next time I try anything like this.

Flaming star:
12 x Ha (2 hours)
RGB 15 x 150secs binned
Total 2hours 37.5mins

Tadpoles:
9 x 600secs Ha (1.5 hours)
RGB 14 x 150secs binned
Total 2hours 5mins

Grand total for the Mosaic = 4 hours 43.5 mins

Atik460EX Baader 3nm Ha filter Baader RGB filters
WOZS71 and HEQ5
Mapped HaRHaRGB

Edited image using ICE to stitch it and I think better processing this time:

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 15

Congrats on the Mosaic Carole,something I have never done.I think as you say it needs better skies and more Data,It looks green in some areas,not sure if its gradients or just needs the channels balancing further,but hey I,m no expert.

However considering the awful weather of late,well done on the capture.

Mick.

Congrats on the Mosaic Carole,something I have never done.I think as you say it needs better skies and more Data,It looks green in some areas,not sure if its gradients or just needs the channels balancing further,but hey I,m no expert.

However considering the awful weather of late,well done on the capture.

Thanks Mick, yes I did notice some faults in the image aside from not having enough data, I think this is a better process with what I have in the way of data.  I have re-done it this morning using ICE to stitch it (which i was tipped off about on Astrobin), dead easy so long as you get the same tone and colour on each pane. 

Revised image,  will replace original.  

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, carastro said:

Revised image,  will replace original.  This is stitched together with ICE thanks to a tip off.

Very nice V2 Carole, but maybe just a very small edge crop to lose the slight frames misalignment, particularly bottom left edge and right bottom edge.

3 hours ago, carastro said:

Thanks Mick, yes I did notice some faults in the image aside from not having enough data, I think this is a better process with what I have in the way of data.  I have re-done it this morning using ICE to stitch it (which i was tipped off about on Astrobin), dead easy so long as you get the same tone and colour on each pane. 

Revised image,  will replace original.  

spacer.png

When you sit back in the chair and look at this image,its very striking.Very nice rework Carole.

Mick.

• Like 1