Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observatory has developed a leak

Jarvo

Alas my poor little observatory has developed a leak after four years of solid service. 

Ive got a couple of buckets picking up the drips. It annoyingly I can’t easily track the source. 

Its not too bad at the moment so hopefully I can limp on until the spring when I can redo the roof with some Bitumen and fresh felt. 

Or we get a new observatory😈

Jarvo

10 minutes ago, Jarvo said:

Alas my poor little observatory has developed a leak after four years of solid service. 

Ive got a couple of buckets picking up the drips. It annoyingly I can’t easily track the source. 

Its not too bad at the moment so hopefully I can limp on until the spring when I can redo the roof with some Bitumen and fresh felt. 

Or we get a new observatory😈

Jarvo

As often as I can, I use a failure as a good reason not to throw good money after bad and go for an upgrade..

1 vote for a new observatory, but good luck getting it through the finance director.

Or throw a 20 pound tarpaulin over the roof until spring

Good luck,

Gordon.

• Like 1

My observatory is over 21 years old and still going strong😀

This summer though I upgraded the roofing with these corrugated bitumen sheets. Although they are heavier than regular felt I'm very pleased so far.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Onduline-3mm-Green-Corrugated-Bitumen-Sheet-950-x-2000mm/p/240059

PS I'm based in rainy Lancashire🌧️

47 minutes ago, Gina said:

I found a damp patch on the floor of my scope room when I went out to open up this afternoon - no sign of anywhere there was wet coming in though.

Damp coming up.....or wet coming down ?