Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Benjam

Mercury Transit 2019

Had clear sky most the afternoon here in North Wiltshire. I wasn’t able to catch the first 15 minutes, more due to the neighbours hedge and sun being so low. Managed to image between 1 & 2:30pm and finished the afternoon observing till the sun had disappeared behind the house. I prefer the second picture with the clouds, looks more dramatic... 833B31C4-5DDF-4956-B16C-826FE37CA737.thumb.jpeg.1a5c1071b39ffd711b8554e5a71e08fb.jpeg

5FF8FF8B-A3DD-4141-BF21-F106C46FFEA4.thumb.jpeg.fd40125a1b61a370dac9273b3d4d827a.jpeg

Thanks for looking

Ben 

• Like 17

That second one does have a certain appeal.  Sadly it didn't even get that good for me :(

James

7 hours ago, JamesF said:

That second one does have a certain appeal.  Sadly it didn't even get that good for me :(

James

That’s harsh and you’re only the next county over. Weather can be so unpredictable, even on a local scale. I’ve been working less then 3 miles away from home before where the weathers been biblical, come home and find out it’s been dry all day. 

Only another 13 years and two days... 

Ben 

Edited by Benjam

Well captured. Could you tell us what equipment you used and the processing you did?

Completely clouded out here. I was going to take a solar scope to work but between the wind, clouds and rain it would have been pointless 🙄

• Like 1

Very good pics.

The second pic certainly captures how it looked to me. A tiny dot and alot of fast moving clouds :)

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Well captured. Could you tell us what equipment you used and the processing you did?

Completely clouded out here. I was going to take a solar scope to work but between the wind, clouds and rain it would have been pointless 🙄

AVX Mount 

8 Edge HD SCT 

0.7 x  reducer 

Celestron Eclip Smart Solar Filter 

Canon 1300D Camera 

ISO 100, 1/100 

No processing  

ATB 

Ben 

Edited by Benjam
  • Like 1

Nicely captured, the clouds do add some drama to the images