Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pixinsight 1.8.8

LongJohn54

Pixinsight has been updated to version 1.8.8 as of 08 November and has more changes and new features.

The biggie for me is that apart from Linux and Mac only Windows 10 is fully supported and earlier versions 'may work but there's no guarantee'.   Eeeek!   I wonder if my Win 8.1 will cope or will I have to make the change.

PixInsight 1.8.8 Released https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?topic=14181.0

6 hours ago, LongJohn54 said:

. . . . . .   Eeeek!   I wonder if my Win 8.1 will cope or will I have to make the change.

For what it's worth, Windows 10, that was much maligned when it was first released, is probably now the most versatile and stable version of Windows they have ever produced. That's probably not what a lot of people want to hear but it really has evolved to being a very good OS - and I don't even work for Microsnot! 🤩

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DKNicholson said:

For what it's worth, Windows 10, that was much maligned when it was first released, is probably now the most versatile and stable version of Windows they have ever produced. That's probably not what a lot of people want to hear but it really has evolved to being a very good OS - and I don't even work for Microsnot! 🤩

Now if only they could get it to stop rearranging my desktop 😂

Dave

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Now if only they could get it to stop rearranging my desktop 😂

Dave

It's only trying to help, where's the love?

But, true, after each update it does seem to help its self to my computer and something doesn't work the way it used to! :)

13 hours ago, Paul M said:

It's only trying to help, where's the love?

But, true, after each update it does seem to help its self to my computer and something doesn't work the way it used to! :)

Not sure what's happening there as I have 3 laptops and a desktop which I always keep up-to-date and have never had a problem. I do wonder if perhaps that is more something to do with Internet Security software than with Windows 10.

Must do an update on this and try to get my head around it again.

Some of the future updates look good too, especially the replacement for DBE.  Will be interesting to see what that looks like and how it performs / behaves.  Also interested in the atsrometry tool too, just to see what it actually is.  Also, as it is currently unnamed, wonder if it will be known as Tooly McToolface 🤣

On 10/11/2019 at 12:49, Davey-T said:

A few updates ago it stuffed my user folder so had to make a new one and it managed to lose the registration info of a couple of astro' apps so they reverted to demo mode.

Dave

It's done that twice to me recently 🤬

• 1 month later...