Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m31

alacant

Hi everyone

Forgot this was so big. Even at 580mm it runs out of the frame. It looks as though 400mm would do it justice but unfortunately ATM we have only an achromatic refractor to cover that focal length; maybe worth a go as there doesn't seem to be too much which would suffer blue fringes.

I also had a quick look at making a mosaic, but the matching from one frame to the next looks difficult. If I did go for it, I was thinking two frames with the camera turned 90º. But may just be lazy see if I can beg a 400mm refractor for the night.

Anyway, it was good to see some of those m33 style blue nodule/dots appear in the outer arms, something I've not got before.

Any thoughts on the colour, mosaics or ideas for improvement most gratefully received.

eos700d @ ISO800

51987693_2-31(copy).thumb.jpg.ccf6dba7fc19da2549d374fb64ef07ae.jpg

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, alacant said:

PM sent.

Thanks

It would be more useful to share your details on the forum along with the image rather than via PM, as I am also curious what equipment, filter(s), subs exposure and number etc.