Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Long exposure around NGC1333, two images.

ollypenrice

FIrst up, IC348 done with Mr and Mrs Gnomus in HaLRGB (35 Hrs) on the left side of the mosaic added to NGC1333 LRGB (12.3 Hrs) on the right hand side and done with Paul Kummer. To make it work with just one new panel we had to set the 1333 image at a tilt and then crop into this letterbox format. In this rendition NGC1333 has also been enhanced by the blending in of the higher resolution image which appears at the end of this post. Here's the widefield:

260169188_IC348TONGC1333WEB.thumb.jpg.73ab626ab8895eee62dac325a99c7c76.jpg

Meanwhile, over on the dual TEC rig owned jointly by myself, Mr and Mrs Gnomus and Tom O'Donoghue, Paul and I shot a hefty 28 hours of LRGB on NGC1333 itself. I'll probably reprocess this from scratch at some stage but here it is for the moment. 

1123141467_NGC1333LRGBWEB.thumb.jpg.2ec62d9ad1ddd8fcdd1e7efbbf0eb562.jpg

Processing note on the widefield image. I came up with a Photoshop idea for boosting dusty contrast once this image was nearly finished, though I'd be very surprised if others hadn't already come up with the same idea. I made a copy layer, added a layer mask and pasted a third copy of the image onto that, then ran the Equalize algorithm on the mask, blurred it considerably then gave the top layer a small extra stretch through the mask. It worked like a charm.

Olly

• Like 28

On 06/10/2019 at 14:52, ollypenrice said:

1123141467_NGC1333LRGBWEB.thumb.jpg.2ec62d9ad1ddd8fcdd1e7efbbf0eb562.jpg

Hi Olly,

I simply love that, beautiful processing, interesting subject, just stunning, I booked marked it on Astrobin and then had a look in CdC, even with my 10" it will be going some to get such nice detail, lovely!😎

2 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Hi Olly,

I simply love that, beautiful processing, interesting subject, just stunning, I booked marked it on Astrobin and then had a look in CdC, even with my 10" it will be going some to get such nice detail, lovely!😎

You're too kind! Thanks. I hope it goes well.

Olly