Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7331 Galaxy reprocessed

kirkster501

Reprocessed theNGC 7331 from the other day.  Seven hours integration with TEC140, Atik 460 and Astrodon LRGB.

Used a couple of new techniques I have learned; Mure Denoise and MMT.  THe other version showed too much background speckle and artefacts.  It was also too saturated.

Completed_LRGB_Weds.thumb.jpg.030c639533915a61924f9ee4aac79a5c.jpg

• Like 18

Thankyou for the kind comments.

Sharing a couple of key lessons for me after spending a lot of time researching.  The importance of getting rid of as much noise as possible whilst still in the linear state.  Mure Denoise and heavily masked TGV Denoise and MMT (whilst still linear) are my new best friends.  I was paying lip service to that before.  If you can reduce this noise as much as possible when still linear then you can do all kinds of stretching and manipulation, but if the noise is still heavy you just end up emphasising the noise!   Another key one for me, rather paradoxically, is to stop obsessing trying to make the Master RGB and Lum look great on their own before LRGB combination;  that does not matter, it is what they look like when combined that matters.  Adam Block taught me that one.

• Like 1