NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Raw solar images to help visual observers?

Highburymark

The power of the Internet and "narrow interest" forum members continue to protect the potential customer. :thumbsup:
Or at least those who use such means to research their intended purchases before spending serious money.

I had imagined, from the many superb images shared here, that my PST mod was greatly inferior to a commercial Quark.
Thank you for bringing this product's [apparent] lack of quality control to our notice before I committed myself to the unknown.
Even if it means you must continue to <cough> "enjoy" my solar "daubs." :blush:

• Haha 1

Over the past twelve years I’ve had many, many PST’s. I have modded many along the way.

Finding a great PST etalon is honestly a hit and miss...

I say it’s 10:80:10

10% are above spec and if found are majic and make fantastic mods.

80% are ho humm. Ok they might meet the 1A spec but nothing special...

10% should never have left the factory

A great PST will make a great modded PST, a dud PST makes a dud mod.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Montana said:

Wow! Dave! you are a patient guy!!! I gave up on try 2

Alexandr

As the first one that I had was so good before it died it made me determined to try and achieve something similar again, during the times of them back and forthing across the Atlantic I could be Quarkless for a couple of months and then have to negotiate the vagaries of HMRC who seem to have no conception that something that has gone for repair FOC does not attract any duty :BangHead:

A few months ago Daystar supplied me with a new one ( a replacement for another new one which didn't work from new ) which seemed to work to an average standard but now the tuning has no effect on the image, thinking on how long it will take to get it sorted I purchased a second hand one from  fellow member having seen images taken with it.

Now have to contact the delightful Tiffany and start the process once again when I can face it 😂

Dave

PS: There was a YT video featuring Jen Wynter extolling the Quarks virtues and making claims about QC and bandpass but this seems to have mysteriously disappeared .

Edited by Davey-T
  • Sad 2