Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leaked Canon EOS Ra

Space Oddities

• 1 month later...

I think most people looking for an astro camera at that price point would normally be a fairly serious astrophotographer and be looking at the CMOS/ CCD offerings. I would have thought there would be more interest in a moderately priced astro APS-C sensor camera for beginners/ intermediates.

Having said that they have periodically released Da’s and Nikon had the 810a. Considering  the mark up on the regular model no doubt they’ll make money from the ones they do sell. 

Not sure why they say you can't take normal photographs with it, I have a 60Da and it's a one click process to restore colour balance however dedicated cooled CMOS cameras have moved on a lot recently so no point spending out on one of those and really no point in Canon releasing a dedicated astro' version anymore as they've been superceeded by CMOS cameras.

As Steve said if they were to produce a mono sensor version it might sell.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T