NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc7000 tonight and my toes are froze;)

steve51450

well here it is 7x10min subs modded 350d on a william optics megrez 80 at f4.8 guided with guidemaster

i am finding the processing things a struggle but levels and curves will click one day i am sure, i don't feel my skills of got the best out of the image but it was the best i could do :D

Overall for my 5th image i am really pleased and having loads of fun

steve

10809_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

hi lee

i am using a program called dslr focus, it cost about £20 for the software and you then need a cable or 2 but from then on its easy. i think maxim can do all this to but i am still getting to grips with maxim as it has more buttons & features than the space shuttle :D

Excellent data! Some flat frames would have done the trick I think. I've done a few things here,

1) "dynamic background extraction" With PixinsightLE that failed a bit, so I ahd to crop out a bit.

2) A copy of the red channel has been applied as a new layer (30%) with blending mode to luminosity

3) Deep space Nouse recution with noels actions

4) Resize

5) Auto Levels in PS.

Hope you like it! The raw data you have captured is just great!

10828_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Glen & Alan

one word.....wow! :D

what a difference thank you

Iive been looking for noels actions but cant find it in order to have a play, and i am trying to work out how to do flats at the moment

still unsure what a dark flat or a bias is :hello2:

steve

Thats a great image Steve for only your 5th one......NAN isnt the easiest of targets to capture, you`ve captured it very well, and with a little help with processing from Glenn your good image has become a great image......I`d be grinning from ear to ear with that result :thumbright:

Mark

i am finding the processing things a struggle but levels and curves will click one day i am sure

It is worth persevering Steve as both tools are very powerful. This edit was made using levels and curves alone (no other trickery) and took only 2-3 minutes! It was also done using the freely available http://www.getpaint.net/ (not as powerful as Photoshop but powerful enough, particularly when the image contains as much information as yours).

steve51450%20-%20ngc700editsteve51450%20-%20ngc700edit.jpg

Archived