NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally I can start AP!

41 minutes ago, Calzune said:

I need a 12v adapter to power my mount

These look to me like inverters. You put 12V in and you get 230V out. I would suggest putting 230V into you rmount might be terminal for the mount and worse still it may be terminal to you! Don't do it!

I have 150W version of something similar which I use to recharge my laptop when out and about; I plug it into the cigar lighter socket in the car and it provides me with 230V into which I plug the charger unit.

Edited by Adreneline
Clarification

Just now, Cornelius Varley said:

Definitely not that one. The mount needs a psu with a minimum output of 12v/2amps.

So I need 2 Ampere atleast? whats the max ampere that mount can handle? that link only has 1 Ampere

The mount will take what current it requires up to 2A, so if you get a power supply that will deliver 6A at 12V then that will be fine. In fact I would recommend this because for one the power supply will not be working at near full capacity all the time. Although for just a mount it will only take anywhere near 2A when slewing at full speed, when tracking it will be probably more like 0.5A. But you will eventually get other equipment that uses 12V, such as dew bands, or maybe a cooled dedicated astro camera so it is good to have that power available rather than getting yet another power supply.

On a different subject I was in Skovde for a couple of weeks not too long ago doing some work in the Volvo Truck plant. Very nice town. But I hope the nights are a bit darker then when I was there 🙂 

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

2 hours ago, Calzune said:

Most mounts handle 11 to 14 volts. So 12 or 13,8 v doesnt matter. The supply must be able to "send" the current needed. So the amperage must be higher than the 2-3 ampere the mount draws from the supply. If you later on want to add heaters or cooled cameras, you need more amps. So why not buy a supply giving you 6 or 10 amps. 12 or 13,8 volts.