Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 6820 Emission Nebula

Brian28

I took this image earlier this month and have been playing with the data , which isn't the best due to high cloud that caused me to loose guiding a few times .. 

still 6 hrs  total integration time . Or is that (Waste of time )   Sorry 🤔

600 sec exposures with  Ha and OIII 3nm filters in my QSI583 

processed in APP , PS and LR 

I hope to repeat this target as soon as the clouds permit ..  ...  ps don't enlarge 😁

NGC6820 Emission Nebula .jpg

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 8

That looks great to me, I never managed to get any Oiii data to show on mine it was totally overwhelmed by the Ha.

Now when you say don;t enlarge, of course it's an open invitation to enlarge and see why.  Lol

What's wrong with the enlarged version looks great to me.  the only thing I would change is the green colour in the middle.  Going to have a fiddle with your image and see what i can do with it.

Carole 

Thanks Carole , your too kind 😉..  yes please have a fiddle .. I have been messing with it for days , and had enough 😤

I used Sara Wager's version as inspiration , it too has some green but much more blue , but then she has got 56 hours integration time ..  😂...  I wish .....  

Edited by Brian28

Hi Carole , have a look at Sara Wagers Version , it has the green and Blue .. which I really like ..  

your version has no green and my version has no blue 😂.  All a matter of taste at the end of the day .. 

im glad you like the image though 😁, it means a lot 😊

Hi Carole  , after a days break from it , i had another LAST play with the image .. and will settle for this ..  still some green but now some yellow and the blue ..  I hope you like  ? 😊

NGC6820 Emission Nebula .jpg

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 1