Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fitting a IDAS-D2 filter into a WO Flat61A flattener

I've just fitted a 2" IDAS-D2 filter into the William Optics Flat61a flattener following on-line instructions.

It strikes me as odd that the filter is installed with the front of the filter facing the camera sensor rather than the 'sky', I'm assuming this is correct and shouldn't cause any reflection issues?

For info, I've attached a couple of daylight images of the filter in 'action' on a colour calibration chart showing the natural colour cast

Base_iso800_6500k.thumb.jpg.3bcb1f531a3b920ed45f32ab5745d862.jpg

The image above, without the filter fitted, is colour profiled in LR and white balanced using the middle grey colour patch

IDAS_iso800_6500.thumb.jpg.0a8238cb83c17b530825a4daa0767259.jpg

The image above, with the filter fitted, uses the colour profile of the first image and the white balance is also from the first image

The last image below was colour balanced using the middle grey colour patch in LR and clearly failed lol Assessing the grey colour patch there is no red in it at all so obviously the calibration would fail. It will be interesting to see it working under normal conditions photographing the night sky

IDAS_iso800_11000.thumb.jpg.7e12e3948cfb6b9ab45c30e6181b6a62.jpg

Edited by Photosbykev