NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who has clear skies this evening?

JamesF

Yes, I wondered that.  I think I'll take my W7 laptop out to the observatory and test the mount with that and eliminate KStars/Ekos/INDI.  I can do that in the daytime and not waste imaging time.  I still have a lot to learn about KStars/Ekos.

We had cloud forecast but yet it was completely clear from sunset to 1am.  The seeing was bad up until 22:30 then I got 10 really decent 10mins subs Oiii.  However somehow I now have tilt in my second camera - i cleaned everything at the start of the  week, so I think the EFW2 and camera connection may be tilted a bit.  It's only uses 2 small grub screws.  Shame as the data looked good otherwise.  I packed up at 1am as clouds started forming and I had work today, and rain was potentially forecast for laster in the morning.

Unexpectedly clear here tonight.  Grabbing more data on the squid.  If it stays clear then I might finish tonight.  I started this a few days ago thinking that it could take a couple of months to get 10 hours of OIII.  So I am really pleased.

Anybody else out tonight?

Edited by don4l
  • Like 1

Calibration time come on, we're gonna have a good time tonight as the song sorta goes, just taking new set of calibration frames before I  remove the f/r and rotate the camera.

Some clear heading this way but don't think I'll be ready in time.

Dave

Murky, 'almost' clear here. Imaging NGC 185 again with Atik 4120EX OSC, but this time taking 600s subs at f/10 instead of 300s. So far, the clean subs look much better. I think this Saturday night will be much better to image according the the MET Office. But hey, its the UK, don't waste any chances lol :) 

10 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Murky, 'almost' clear here. Imaging NGC 185 again with Atik 4120EX OSC, but this time taking 600s subs at f/10 instead of 300s. So far, the clean subs look much better. I think this Saturday night will be much better to image according the the MET Office. But hey, its the UK, don't waste any chances lol :) 

That's a bit of a fearsome target.  This is with the C11?

James

6 minutes ago, JamesF said:

That's a bit of a fearsome target.  This is with the C11?

James

Yes, C11 on a Mesu 200 mount in a ror shed.

Here's my best sub 600s so far tonight. No calibration or flats etc. Stretched, ABE, Curves, SCNR and ACDNR ( Pixinsight terms ) Snipping tool :)

image.png.efd85d015f8b827caf43f07dcdd44fe7.png

Maybe Saturday night will be clearer.

Thursday night I took 12 x 300s. Checking the 300s subs from that image they did not look as detailed as the above 600s sub...so I do have something to look forward to :)

Last nights attempt using only 300s subs