Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 281 2 versions ..

Brian28

Had a couple of good nights here in sunny Essex over the long weekend and I decided as this target was optimal in the night sky for me .

my last attempt at his target made me change my direction from OSC to Mono .. as I wanted that whispy  gassy look that I seemed unable to attain , though that might have just been me 🤔... anyway this image was taken with my QSI583 with Ha and OIII 3nm filters , and a total integration time of just 4 hrs .. 

processed with APP ,PS and LR .. The Hubble pallet version prosessed OIII,Ha,OIII - and the second image.  Ha ,Synthetic Green ,OIII 

RGB  with Titles.jpg

281 HP titles and stars -Edit.jpg

Edited by Brian28
  • Like 4

Since you're asking, the colours in the SHO version are great and the stars have proper white balance, but fake diffraction spikes? No, No, NO!!! Diffraction spikes are inevitable with spiders and hence acceptable and expected, but adding them in post to a diffractionless refractor image just reminds me of the early days of Cokin (Cockup) filters with star points over every highlight.