NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Warm Room

Nigella Bryant

Hi all, just got hold of a free summer house so going to build a warm room near the dome. Planning on a wood burner (which I've already got) and sofa bed for late night's, lol. Needs a bit of tlc but that's easy. Installing an ether net cable, etc, etc. 

IMG_20190821_132146.jpg

IMG_20190821_132258.jpg

Edited by Nigella Bryant
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Just be careful that you don't fall foul of local planning regs by making it "Habitable". A bed and heating could be enough.

True, will make it just a comfy area with emphasis on warm room for the observatory. It won't be a bed as such, thinking sofa bed, lol. I still want to get in the house, lol. There won't be any toilet or water facilities so it won't be habitable as such. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

Thats a nice idea!  Whats the craic with the pallets on the ground?

Palets just a cheep way to do the flooring. I'll overlay with boarding. It's completely recycled, lol. It'll offset my carbon footprint, lol. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant

14 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Palets just a cheep way to do the flooring. I'll overlay with boarding. It's completely recycled, lol. It'll offset my carbon footprint, lol. 

Neat idea. Gets the flooring off the ground with no effort at all. Envious of your ability to use recycled material. The only recycled in my build is a few bits of wood from previous projects that had been stashed a a corner in case they came in handy instead of being used for fuel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, old_eyes said:

Neat idea. Gets the flooring off the ground with no effort at all. Envious of your ability to use recycled material. The only recycled in my build is a few bits of wood from previous projects that had been stashed a a corner in case they came in handy instead of being used for fuel!

I was also fortunate that a garden centre near me was getting ride of their palets and they delivered free of charge.  It's amazing what you can recycle and a huge saving. I'd never be in a position to purchase a summer house let alone flooring. Most of my astronomical equipment including my dome are second hand. So I'm doing my bit to help compensate my carbon footprint.