Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

porth cwyfan  

SonyA7RII

tokina F2 FIRIN

48475431466_cacdb04b2d_z.jpgcwyfan mwfb by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Thats a gorgeous pic ! Is that the moon or an over-exposed Jupiter in the lower right of sky in pic!? lol amazing pic. oh I've just noticed, it must be Jupiter because Saturn is following behind on other side of Milky Way!?? I regularly view these two planets so i know there movements almost off by heart! lol. The Milky Way is always in between them at the moment. Am i correct or have i just showed how much of a newbie i really am! haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wesdon1 said:

Thats a gorgeous pic ! Is that the moon or an over-exposed Jupiter in the lower right of sky in pic!? lol amazing pic. oh I've just noticed, it must be Jupiter because Saturn is following behind on other side of Milky Way!?? I regularly view these two planets so i know there movements almost off by heart! lol. The Milky Way is always in between them at the moment. Am i correct or have i just showed how much of a newbie i really am! haha

Thank you, you are correct.

• Thanks 1

On 07/08/2019 at 16:56, Daniel-K said:

Thank you, you are correct.

oh cool! Glad i was correct in my interpretation of image! Gorgeous image! I'm a newbie ( 8-9 months ) but i am quite fixated on Jupiter and Saturn for the time being because they're so perfectly placed for me as i have a south facing garden etc and they're silly easy to find and veiw. Once the winter sets in with darker nights i'll do more DSO veiwing. I also can't wait to start doing astrophotography myself. I follow a guy in Canada called Trevor, his channel is called "AstroBackyard". I've learned a lot from his vids.