Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Music to my ears

Davey-T

Woken by the happy sound of chainsaws cutting down my neighbours Leylandii and a Eucalyptus which have been gradually destroying my southerly view for several years to the extent that  I could no longer image stuff like M16.

Doesn't look so dramatic in the pic's as in reality but they were right on the Meridian meaning no chance of imaging the low down planets at the moment, might get a crack at Saturn now if we get some clear skies,

Dave

Before

Before.thumb.png.33900a7b4607acf4699b1bdf29811dda.png

After

After.thumb.png.8a25659e90282b15296423dd0d479c0a.png

• Like 14

Good news!   My next door neighbour did me a similar favour 2 weeks ago.

To paraphrase Colonel Kilgore in Apocalypse Now,

"I love the sound of chainsaws in the morning. It's the sound of . . . . . visibility"  😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

My neighbour's leylandii do a good job of blocking out the closest streetlight for me!

There are a couple of annoying street lights perhaps I can get him to plant more trees in front of them :grin:

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Star101 said:

Oh wow. If only my neighbour would do the same here. 

He didn't do it for my benefit, it's an apple tree and apples were falling on his greenhouse and breaking the glass 😂

Dave

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Star101 said:

Oh wow. If only my neighbour would do the same here. 

Happy for you Dave 

+1 for that, good for you, Dave. 

At least my neighbours conifers are north-east facing, along with 2 large trees in my garden which can't be touched as we are in a conservation area..😱

Dave

IMG_20191012_141042068_HDR.jpg

Edited by F15Rules
Photo added

I can't complain. Even if my neighbour chopped down two trees in their garden, which they did last week, but left the tree next to my obsy standing. What they don]t realise is that it shelters my scope from the street light directly west of us. Three doors away that side. I always image to the East because that's where the darkest sky is.

I leave my neighbours to think what they will ;)

• Like 1