Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Birthday gift

Trikeflyer

Got this for my birthday. I received it about a month ago but wasn’t allowed to open it until today. Ioptron AZ pro. A great mount for my Equinox 120 and possibly the 200mm F6 Newt which I am going to de-dobify 🤔 . Tried it with SkySafari 6 WiFi. Have to wait for dark clear skies to try it out but in daylight it seems to at least get the right part of the sky using the WiFi sky safari so should be ok. It’s as quiet as a mouse and very nifty. Thanks FLO and thanks to my family for letting me have such a great piece of kit.

Thanks for reading

Steve 

29A856EC-F5DD-4B59-B438-79B5839CE17B.jpeg

51F423AC-3B2F-46FC-B9AA-EB0B6E51FAF5.jpeg

4BFEF795-CE6F-420B-9DC8-E95ECA9196A1.jpeg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

Looks like a great mount Steve, I will be interested to see what you think of it.

Can you talk my wife in to buying one for me please. 

Maurice.

Maurice,

I think it will be good, I’ll let you know. The only disappointing thing is that the handset doesn’t have the Sao catalogue it has the hiparcos catalogue instead. That said, I will mainly use it with Skysafari so shouldn’t be an issue. I like double stars and the Cambridge double star atlas has Sao and had numbers not hiparcos. 🤨

If you want to put your wife in touch with me, I’ll  explain why she needs to get you one of these 🤣. For that matter, anyone else who needs to persuade their other half to invest, just put them in touch with me and I’ll see what I can do. 😜

Steve 

Edited by Trikeflyer
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Maurice,

If you want to put your wife in touch with me, I’ll  explain why she needs to get you one of these 🤣. For that matter, anyone else who needs to persuade their other half to invest, just put them in touch with me and I’ll see what I can do. 😜

Steve 

A belated happy birthday.

I've always worried when wives started to get together when it involves something I enjoy.

There is power in numbers.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Trikeflyer said:

Maurice,

I think it will be good, I’ll let you know. The only disappointing thing is that the handset doesn’t have the Sao catalogue it has the hiparcos catalogue instead. That said, I will mainly use it with Skysafari so shouldn’t be an issue. I like double stars and the Cambridge double star atlas has Sao and had numbers not hiparcos. 🤨

Steve 

Steve, your generosity knows no bounds 😁

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Honestly, I envy such a gift. I would take advantage of your offer about the explanation to my wife why she needs to get me one of these machines. To be honest, I'm not very good at choosing gifts either. I usually have a standard set of gifts, like perfume and jewelry for my wife and gift baskets for everyone else. This is not so bad in my opinion. I try to choose something good and suitable for person whom I give a gift. Fortunately, the service where I buy gift baskets jetgiftbaskets.com always works perfectly. But it's probably karma I guess. because I get these gifts baskets very often, too. Maybe I should give something more valuable as a gift and then I will receive the gift of my dreams.

Edited by paulmaster88