NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Failing memory and batteries

JOC

OK, everytime I put the telescope to bed and put all the gear away I seem to end up with a RDF which, the next time around, has a flat battery - I can only assume I must leave it switched on.  So I'd like to know what tricks you all have for remembering to turn such things off please - thank you!

I have a sticky label on the objective cover that says "Remember to switch off the RDF"

Could equally be on the lid of the eyepiece case, just somewhere that will always fall across your field of view as you are packing away. 

Make a dedicated case for the finder, put your spare batteries there as you get it out. It's will remind you to turn it off as you put it back in, and if you don't - you have the spares ;)

I have left mine on few times, not for too long - few days, maybe a week each time. The batetry is still alive. 

Archived