NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First for what seems like ages...

Psychobilly

Just a very quick WIP and first use of the Laser Cut First Order Mask on the Megrez 72 FF III Combo...

No Darks No flats just 10x180s ISO800 and 10x180s ISO1600 Minimal Processing...

10476_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

My tightest stars to date and finest dustlane detail I have seen in any of my previous attempts on this target...

Back to the obs...

M33 next....

This is the first time I have ever tried M33...don't know why... haven't done much with galaxies prefer nebs...

here's the first 30 mins data ...no darks bias just the lights stacked...

10477_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Grabbing another 60 mins of data at the moment...

Got to clean the optics before the weekend though....

Where next....?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10x180s at ISO1600 running another 10x360s ISO1600 I'm not trying anything special tonight just a few possible targets for the weekend in the hills....thats why I havent bothered with darks and bias etc.... just checking FOV's I want some galaxies with some space around them....

Trying to decide where to go next....

Great images Peter, focus is perfect.

I'll measure up the scopes and let you have the dimensions tomorrow.

I envy you the FOV to get M31 like that :)

I just shot 20 subs with my ZS80 and celestron 0.63x reducer and I can't get it all in frame by any means :D

Cheers

Rob

theres a great galaxy cluster, I think its got NGC 7331 in it, but cant be sure.

If you check FLO's first image, it was that one.

M35 is a pretty target too, nice open cluster with loads of colour, and a background cluster to boot.

Tough imaging tonight though, gusty wind and horrible seeing, even at the zenith the stars are twinkly, and the sky is red. I think there must be some high cloud up there I cant see

Great images Peter, focus is perfect.

I'll measure up the scopes and let you have the dimensions tomorrow.

I envy you the FOV to get M31 like that :)

I just shot 20 subs with my ZS80 and celestron 0.63x reducer and I can't get it all in frame by any means :p

Cheers

Rob

No Probs get me the dims and i'll see how far they have got if I can i'll get them to run them as well...

Great FOV - They are crops as well Rob :D

Billy....

Thanks Peeps was nice to get back out but early finish - power cut so lost alignment and batts in the GLP and the Retucule EPboth decided to die on me... so decided to call it a morning.. especiallya s when i popped outside the obs the clouds were rolling in fast...

Anyway...

Another data set...

Kembles Cascade....

10493_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks Chris,

Thats NGC 1502 at the bottom left of the Asterism...

the other two targets of the night were a disaster...

M108 and the Owl Nebula in Widefield - only got 3 subs because the DSLR/DSLR Focus threw a wobbler so only got 3 instead of 12 subs...this is a noisy 40% crop from the full frame which had Merak in the top right corner...

10497_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

and IC 2118 the Witches Head Nebula was completely the wrong type of target for only 6 subs before the sequence was cut short byt the briefest of power cuts reset the scope...shes a dim old hag....

Really had to drag this out of the data so very noisy and not much contrast... but at least I was on target....but I'm a warts and all man - probably appropriate for the Witches Head NEb....

10498_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

When I went to re-align the batts in both the GLP and the illuminated reticule EP were flat so decided to call it a night... and get a few hours ugly in before work...

So tahts all of last nights efforts...

Hoping for another few hours tonight with only one target for the first few hours M33....

Billy...

To add insult to injuy got into a freezing cold office becasue the heaters tripped with the Power Cut so have been off since about 12:45 this morning :)

Archived