Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Combing 220 small TIFs into a movie?

What would be the best way to approach this?

I already have the avis stacked, and the images aligned.  So I have a large number of frames I want to play as a video?  I did try PS there was it threw a wobbler and started doing weird stacking.

TIA

Adam

Maybe using PIPP will help?

It does have option to load individual frames, and it will output a movie (ser, avi, ...). If you turn off most of processing options, it should just join tiffs into a single movie.

There's a nice piece of software called VirtualDub available.

If you can convert your tifs to BMP and name them 1.bmp, 2.bmp then you can load them as a sequence into Virtual Dub and save them as a movie.

I did this a while back with my individual subs so that I could get an idea as to how they changed with darkness.

VirtuaDub may be able to load tifs so it may just be a renaming exercise....memoey has failed me!

v

Thinking again, I did the rename by selecting all my files and then right click rename. I renamed them as x.bmp which results in x_1.bmp x_2.bmp etc which is Good enough for VirtualDub as it just needs an increasing index

Edited by vernmid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

I did try PS there was it threw a wobbler and started doing weird stacking.

Works better in PS if you convert them to PNG first.  and depending on the image size reduce it so it fit's on screen at 100%.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T

Thanks guys.  Just back on the PC now - will try PIPP for this.  PS coped ok with 91 frames surface animation.

The files are small, each one is 600kb as they were taken with a 640x480 DMK camera.