Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RGB moon 18-04-19

johnfosteruk

I had my first evening observing in a long while last night and it was an (almost) full moon. If you can't beat 'em join em though, and those who know me know I love the Moon. Luna (the dog) was intrigued by it all!

Anyway, I did a bit of imaging too. This image was captured with the Nikon. 500 of 3000 video frames aligned in Pipp, stacked in AS!3, then IMPG & Photoshop to finish.

I did capture stills for the big detailed shot as well but didn't notice the focus was off, rather annoying, but that's what happens when you have to take a hiatus!

The big one is worth clicking through to full size, maybe :)

138738445_Moon18-04RGBSmaller.thumb.png.d5de0792d7f93ee24304e2c61b59bf00.png

1476580527_Moon18-04RGBSmall.png.770fb18a983bb9f17778db00beab931d.png

3 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Thanks Olly, I love coloured moons, overdone or not :)

Yes, it seems to me that the whole point of astrophotography is to capture what we cannot see rather than what we can. And we cannot see colour on the moon.

Olly

Nice Moon John, can't get the full size to materialise here for some reason ?

Took a few shots of it last night to compare the WO RedCat with the Canon 300mm f/4 but haven't got around to looking at them yet.

Dave

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Yes, it seems to me that the whole point of astrophotography is to capture what we cannot see rather than what we can. And we cannot see colour on the moon.

Olly

Exactly!

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Nice Moon John, can't get the full size to materialise here for some reason ?

Took a few shots of it last night to compare the WO RedCat with the Canon 300mm f/4 but haven't got around to looking at them yet.

Dave

I'd be interested in the results of that when you get around to it Dave :)

Same here for the full size, I'll play around with it in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived