Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

Posted (edited)

hi is there any way of improving this image thanks

_F_00000029.png

Edited by Anthony1979

Just a cheap webcam and it was a video using sharpcap.... And now ive got about 30 images of it

If it was breezy then that can effect images, the Moon can also be effected by atmospheric conditions and go in and out of clarity. For the Moon capture a video file with your webcam and then process that through say Registax you could be surprised what that program can pull out.

If you took video you would I think have hundreds of frames not just 30 images. If registax cannot improve your image this time there is not enough data in your video to work with to hopefully have captured frames either with no wind wobble or atmospheric distortion.

Try again another night.

Best to have lots of frames a thousand is good, feed them into Registax then use imppg to sharpen.

Dave

So can i not just stack these images ive got to sort of improve it image ie sharpen it up a bit or are the images no use now 

How many frames have you actually got ? video should have captured more than 30 or was it very short ?

If you try again aim for at least a 1000 frames.

Dave

It will always be your first Moon image and something to be happy and smile about.

You've got several things to help either trying to get more out of your first video or to help improve next time.

• Like 1

You don't say what your telescope and tripod are but in general not extending the legs fully will help keep it steadier as will say 1kilo or a brick rested on the leg spreader.

Good luck and enjoy.

Looking at the first of those two then if that's a frame from the video then try to process it again. I've found before a website that I followed when using Registax for the first time.

I've not kept a link I found it on googling as I hadn't used it before.

Can you post your video file? Perhaps someone can try stacking it to see if any more detail can be found.

I think I see the problem. The mount isn't tracking the moon. Registax requires a reasonably steady image to stack the individual frames of the video. If the selected alignment targets keep drifting across the frame,  and eventually off it, Registax will have a difficult job of aligning and stacking.