NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

blur image

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was breezy then that can effect images, the Moon can also be effected by atmospheric conditions and go in and out of clarity. For the Moon capture a video file with your webcam and then process that through say Registax you could be surprised what that program can pull out.

If you took video you would I think have hundreds of frames not just 30 images. If registax cannot improve your image this time there is not enough data in your video to work with to hopefully have captured frames either with no wind wobble or atmospheric distortion.

Try again another night.

I think I see the problem. The mount isn't tracking the moon. Registax requires a reasonably steady image to stack the individual frames of the video. If the selected alignment targets keep drifting across the frame,  and eventually off it, Registax will have a difficult job of aligning and stacking.

Archived