SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

blur image

A very quick (5 mins) and dirty stacking of part of the video

1082845043_20_06_34cut1.jpg.20f1df564019493e452f90f83d3277a8.jpg

Video imported into VirtualDub and section cut out and saved as a separate file.
New avi file stacked in Registax and wavelets applied. Image saved as 16bit tiff.
Tiff file opened in Gimp and levels adjusted. Saved as jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you are only looking at a part of the Moon then if you let that drift across the field of view then the first frames will not align over the last frames so the video probably needs to be chopped up before processing so the video cut is just for a bit of video on one of the sections of the Moon drifting.

3 hours ago, Anthony1979 said:

Would i be able to convert the video file to single images then stack them that way..... Is that what you mean by chopping up the video 

I selected a section of the video that contained plenty of details that Registax could align on and then removed the rest and save the new file.. The same alignment features need to be on each frame of the video do be able to do this.  The best way to deal with your video is to break it down into a series of smaller discrete videos in Virtualdub, such as in my example from your video, and then process these individually in Registax.

Archived