SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Thor's Helmet

ollypenrice

Yup, but think of all my lost sleep. Okay, you can get some of it back by sleeping outside in the afternnon November sun after a pleasant half bottle of chilled white wine and a French lunch - but it still a tough old struggle down here...

Olly.

PS I forgot to say that I must thank MartinB for his superb star layer tutorial to be found on this forum. Thor would have been a killer to process without this help because some areas needed heavy smoothing while others needed sharpening. What bliss to do all this without making a muck of the stars.

Olly.

Yup, but think of all my lost sleep. Okay, you can get some of it back by sleeping outside in the afternnon November sun after a pleasant half bottle of chilled white wine and a French lunch - but it still a tough old struggle down here...

I`m trying really hard to hate you right now, but its just not happenning :hello2:

Thanks Mick. It is also known (or was, in the days of visual observing with eyepieces) as the Duck Nebula. That's how it is known on SkyMap Pro 8 and in the Sanner and Kepple Observers guides.

I'm going to have a look at it in the big Dob if I get a chance.

Olly.

Archived