Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ganymede the greatest of the Galileans!

astroavani

spacer.png
A photomontage of two separate sockets, just watch the capture times. In the first one with a bigger field to show the exact position of Ganymede in relation to Jupiter. In the second a Close exclusively in Ganymede with a resize of 350%.
Next, a print extracted from the Virtual Planet Atlas at the exact time of capture shows that albedo stains are real, not artifacts caused by the large increase or processing employed.
Close to the opposition if seeing helps, I will certainly get more details of Jupiter's largest satellite.
https://www.astrobin.com/full/398294/0/?nc=user

Another superb image Avani and the detail on Ganymede is unmistakebly accurate. Thanks for drawing my attention to VPA, which I have just installed onto my laptop. I already had Virtual Moon, but hadn't seen VPA previously.

I hope that you don't mind me riding your post, but I couldn't resist reprocessing and comparing the VPA graphic with the Ganymede image that I captutred with Jupiter just prior to opposition last year - the one very good capture session that I had all year..!!

2018-05-06-2350_9-RGB-Stack-Ganymede(resize)_PS.jpg.4419035736f95df8001ecc6fa5e6eb03.jpg975369454_GanymedeVPAcomparison6May2018.jpg.1422483648ae99f32417120a26f12cd7.jpg

I think that the main features line up pretty well, especially the bright lava flows around the crater Osaris at the bottom of the image. Again many thanks for introducing me to this excellent planetary maps resource.

Best regards, Geof

É um prazer ver que você aproveitou alguma coisa da minha informação amigo Geof!

Sua imagem também é muito boa e logicamente deve ter sido feita com o C14. Eles são ótimos imageadores planetários.

Sim, todos os principais detalhes de albedo estão lá na sua imagem, parabéns!

6 hours ago, astroavani said:

É um prazer ver que você aproveitou alguma coisa da minha informação amigo Geof!

Sua imagem também é muito boa e logicamente deve ter sido feita com o C14. Eles são ótimos imageadores planetários.

Sim, todos os principais detalhes de albedo estão lá na sua imagem, parabéns! 

Quote Translated: It's a pleasure to see you take advantage of my friend Geof! Its image is also very good and logically must have been made with the C14. They are great planetary imagers. Yes, all the main details of albedo are there in your picture, congratulations!

Thank you Avani, I always welcome your feedback and encouragement, I learnt a lot from you the past few years ?. Best regards, Geof

Archived