Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

GBR's skies aren't so bad.....

Sam

Stonehenge is ok but what about the goolies and anyway,

What is a flippin Henge any way, We have a wood henge What next :D

Dunno Plastic Henge????????

:laughing3:

a henge is a bit like a hedge, except its got big holes :help::lol:

Only a matter of time now I think until street light laws come into place.

But somebody said to me that you cant get anywhere near stonehenge these days, especially at night, so its maybe not exactly the best place in the list??

But how often is the 303 dead lol... not very.

The best place i have found is where i used to live.

In bartly rd, woodlands. there is a gravel track that leads into buskets lawn inclosure, follow this down and you get to a cricket pitch and a wide open flat of grass. forest all around and no lights or cars for miles.. its beautiful.

Oh there is also some decent places near lyndhurst and beaulieu, some wide open heathland. plus jamesmoore pond is also fantastic.. i'v seen people up there with there scopes and cameras.

Only a matter of time now I think until street light laws come into place.

But somebody said to me that you cant get anywhere near stonehenge these days, especially at night, so its maybe not exactly the best place in the list??

Well as you go past the henge (if the henge is on your left) there is a turning left and there is a big field on the right.. all open land, just watch out for the goats!

A Henge is a piece of land enclosed by a bank and ditch with the bank being on the outside they were first created in great britain some 5000 years ago in the neolithic or new stone age period and are thought to be used to demark what the ancient Britains ( not Druids or celts ) percieved to be a special or sacred site .The biggest and most famous of all the Henge sites is in fact Avebury Henge in wiltshire the Ditch was original 12 meters deep and the bank 12 meters high and the area it encloses is so large that there is a saxon village actually built at its centre i took the photo of a small part of the henge about six years ago now and if you look past the stones you can see the bank in the background Regards pete

10231_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Archived