Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally getting somewhere I'm happy(ish) with

Super excited at my first doublet refractor. My previous scopes were the ST80 and ST102T, both of which were great for what they were and fab for cutting my teeth on, but this little puppy...okay I know it's not an ED100 Esprit but that'll come in time (not on THIS mount tho!!)

Set of EQ5 legs, SW SA, SW ED72 DS-pro, with 9x50 finder and ZWO ASI 120mm acting as guiding solution (RA only of course), and modded 450D. Just about balances so I'm guessing I'm at the top end of the mount's weight limits. As you can guess I'm a bit an SW fangirl ? Didn't realise the 9x50 was such a beast tho! ?

Most of this supplied by FLO, who as always have been completely fab ♥️

20190120_082034.jpg

7 hours ago, adyj1 said:

You are certainly making the most of that mount!

Is that an EQ5 tripod that came with the correct screw for the SA wedge, or did you modify it? 

Ady

Its the one that came with the right fitting :) 

• 1 month later...
On 20/01/2019 at 12:25, Maxrayne said:

Super excited at my first doublet refractor. My previous scopes were the ST80 and ST102T, both of which were great for what they were and fab for cutting my teeth on, but this little puppy...okay I know it's not an ED100 Esprit but that'll come in time (not on THIS mount tho!!)

Set of EQ5 legs, SW SA, SW ED72 DS-pro, with 9x50 finder and ZWO ASI 120mm acting as guiding solution (RA only of course), and modded 450D. Just about balances so I'm guessing I'm at the top end of the mount's weight limits. As you can guess I'm a bit an SW fangirl ? Didn't realise the 9x50 was such a beast tho! ?

Most of this supplied by FLO, who as always have been completely fab ♥️

20190120_082034.jpg

Did you try this out yet, what kind of results are you getting?

Mine is nowhere close to balanced in ra or dec with an asi1600 on the back and it showed up as very rapid drift, especially in dec...

1 hour ago, jimjam11 said:

Did you try this out yet, what kind of results are you getting?

Mine is nowhere close to balanced in ra or dec with an asi1600 on the back and it showed up as very rapid drift, especially in dec...

Slightly less than 3 hours with this setup although non guiding as it kept dumping the camera for some reason. Was getting up to 90 seconds at one point though which I'm happy with. Added an extra counterweight to help with the balance. She's a little east heavy but I'm fine with that

LRM_EXPORT_65336164858312_20190312_235945524.jpeg

2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

Nice looking setup and what a cool counterweight system, ideal for travelling although I think mine would loose weight rapidly through the night :drunken_smilie:

Alan

Thankfully not yet run into that issue, although I'm anticipating it come warm summer nights lol

2 hours ago, Marmo720 said:

Nice setup and lovely image. I look forward to seeing more :)

I am building my setup now and it will be similar so nice to see what can be achieved.

Awww cool. You'll have to post it up once you've got it done ??

14 hours ago, Maxrayne said:

Awww cool. You'll have to post it up once you've got it done ??

Will do :) 

I am slowly building boxes in my flat - much to the annoyance of my other half. Luckily, the remaining boxes are small enough to hide away when I get them ?

Also, I checked your website. Very touching and amazing journey for you and family. All the best from me.

5 hours ago, Marmo720 said:

Will do :) 

I am slowly building boxes in my flat - much to the annoyance of my other half. Luckily, the remaining boxes are small enough to hide away when I get them ?

Also, I checked your website. Very touching and amazing journey for you and family. All the best from me.

Hehe thankfully I don't have that issue ?

And thank you so much ❤️

Archived