Yellow Rose of Cairo

Rodd

Not very common, a bi-color made with Ha and SII.  An experiment. What did I have to lose?  FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600 with 3um Astrodon filters.  I have never really liked the results of bi-colors with Ha and OIII (except for such targets as the Viel, Thor's Helmet and The Cresent--targets with no appreciable SII).  I really did not know what to expect.  I played with several variations of channel assignment, and settled on this one as seeming more revealing and balanced.  I was looking for a red nebula--but didn't like the result.

Ha: 61 5min

SII: 63 5min

HaSII-2i.thumb.jpg.3c49ae8a94169ec529b98bd4590c5736.jpg

3 minutes ago, matt_baker said:

If you've got an OIII filter, you can add data from that to make a HST colour pallete image

I have to collect it--as soon as the sky clears--may be awhile.  I got antsy

Rodd

1 minute ago, matt_baker said:

Aha, fair enough. I'm sure it'll turn out really nicely

I hope--though conditions weren't great for the SII and Ha.  Ha was OK I guess.  stars are a bit soft.  

Rodd

13 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

If you added Rgb stars to that you would have a stunning image. As it is it just lacks that colour variation. The detail is there and i love the golden Rosette.?

Thanks Richard.  Can't have it all......as much as that galls me

Rodd

1 minute ago, tooth_dr said:

That's just stunning Rodd, you really can zoom in and enjoy all the detail.  

Thanks Doc.  It could be better,  Condition were not very hood, many of the subs were collected low in the sky, and I am asking the data to do things that it would rather not.  The FWHM values were higher than I like, which means the details are not quite as sharp as possible.  But if I waited until conditions were optimal, I would have no data!

Rodd

1 minute ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Doc.  It could be better,  Condition were not very hood, many of the subs were collected low in the sky, and I am asking the data to do things that it would rather not.  The FWHM values were higher than I like, which means the details are not quite as sharp as possible.  But if I waited until conditions were optimal, I would have no data!

Rodd

You have very high standards Rodd!

1 minute ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image, Rodd. I like the frosted version as well.

But, isn't it supposed to be the "yellow rose of Texas"?

I suppose.  Or the Purple Rose of Cairo.  I looked it up and discovered that the yellow Rose of Cairo is an actual variety of rose...so I left it

Rodd

1 minute ago, wornish said:

Once again just wow !

Where is your scope based ?  Connecticut ? are the skies that clear there?

Thanks Dave.  No, the skies are terrible.  When its clear they are OK for small apertures (not very good for large apertures) but its hardly ever clear.  I get 2-3 nights a month if I am lucky.

Rodd

Archived