NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2" to 1.25" converter help please on what i need

mckinnell

A simple but i guess to most rather basic silly question, and that is, my Sky Watcher 300PDS i find has a 2" eyepiece socket, can anyone please explain and guide me to what and best place to get any adapters needed to expand the range of eyepieces, as, 1.25" and such, also better spending my meager money, hope i can get some good information and places to go look at, many thanks.

Regards to all......Tom..

9 hours ago, mckinnell said:

A simple but i guess to most rather basic silly question, and that is, my Sky Watcher 300PDS i find has a 2" eyepiece socket, can anyone please explain and guide me to what and best place to get any adapters needed to expand the range of eyepieces, as, 1.25" and such, also better spending my meager money, hope i can get some good information and places to go look at, many thanks.

Regards to all......Tom..

The 300PDS is equipped with a 2" focuser, the focuser should have a 1.25" adapter supplied with it.

9 hours ago, mckinnell said:

best place to get any adapters needed to expand the range of eyepieces, as, 1.25" and such

Only one adapter is needed, and as Cornelius says, it should be supplied with the scope. The inside 1.25" socket is the same in all adapters but some external differences exist between adapters for refractor diagonals or newtonians. Be aware of that when you buy one.

First off, hi guys and grateful thanks, YES, brand spankers, got it from Rother Valley Optics, just over £1600 in total, so it should have the converter for 2" to 1.25" included, that's great, and before some one ask's " have you not looked at the parts, scope mount etc etc etc?" ,     mmmmmmmmmmmmm, well, yes very briefly, i need to get a shed for storing the scope and mount, way to large for the downstairs rooms??, so wife suggested i get a shed to house it in when not in use, nice suggestion from "she who must be obeyed" lol!!!!!.

Best regards to all............................Tom. 

I have had a look at the spec as to what comes with the Skywatcher 300 pds NEQ6 and a 2" to 1.25" eyepiece adapter is not part of this scope, as such, i think i shall have to get one, but, have found plenty on the net at below  £10, and, the speck on these show they do the job as good as any other so, that is something i will need to get hold of so as to make bigger the range of eyepieces i can purchase and use!!!!! .

Best regards to all,              Tom....

Moonshane, hello, NO, it is not my first, i had the privilege back in the 1960s of owning a key to the 17.5" refactor at the Coventry collage, donated to us by the gentleman who invented the iron lung no less; had a 3.5" refactor of my own, but, like most things, times change, things get added to and more becomes available as well as i have got older and just newly returning to this interest, so, no, not new, just coming back and finding a hell of a lot has changed and more to sort out as it were my friend..

Gus,  Understood my friend and grateful thanks..

Best regards,           Tom........

Hi Moonshane, well it looks like the adapter DOES come with the 300 PDS NEQ6 model and is thus:-, Skywatcher 2" to 1.25" Adaptor Explorer Models, that's the descriptive name to see what it is so, all is well in the camp?; now all i need to do is get the funds together for the shed to keep it safe in??..

dhb368, nice very nice, shame the price is not similar, lol lol, some thing to consider at a later date me thinks, still, thanks for the suggestion...?

Grateful thanks and regards to all...........  Tom.

Archived