Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396-HaSHO

Rodd

I have been working on this image for 2 months...I couldn't believe it when I checked the date I calibrated the first round of Ha subs--August 16.  A testament to what we have done to this planet!  Due to the immense difficulty in acquiring data, the image is a bit SII light, though I think it has just enough to allow overcoming the shortage through processing (at least on-screen, not sure about print).  I just got tired of waiting.....Other targets are calling! As is usually the case with this target for me, the shear number of tiny stars gave me allot of trouble.  They can be very distracting.  More SII data may help in that respect.  Don't know if I am done collecting data yet--probably.  The framing is wrong anyway--if I hade rotated the camera 90 degrees I would have picked up the garnet star (though now that I think about it not really that exciting in narrow band I suppose).

FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600 mmcool pro with 3um Astrodon filters

Ha: 152 5min

OIII: 83 5min

SII: 43 5 min

HaSHO-1n2.thumb.jpg.d36cdfd3c9aef98425c3c7fe6873b236.jpg

Just now, tooth_dr said:

Top of the Game Rodd, those dark whisps remind me of black ink in a pool of water.  Stunning

Thanks Doc.  Maybe a bit too saturated--here is a little more subdued version.  

HaSHO-1n2-desat2.thumb.jpg.bff8e233f97adc59deb0c7ad0a25bcd9.jpg

12 minutes ago, MartinFransson said:

Well there it is! The best IC1396 image I´ve seen so far! I absolutely love it!

Was this a single framed image? The field is so wide I thought it was a mosaic.

Thanks Martin-Yes, a single frame.  The ASI 1600 is a fairly large sensor (same as 8300) and at a focal length of 318, it really covers allot of ground.

Rodd

Just now, Rodd said:

Thanks Martin-Yes, a single frame.  The ASI 1600 is a fairly large sensor (same as 8300) and at a focal length of 318, it really covers allot of ground.

Rodd

I know, I´ve got one myself :) Wasn´t sure about that scope, though. I´m working on this one too but with a 500mm tele lens so the framing will be tighter. I do like to see this whole area like you´ve got.

I can agree with you on the framing, rotating it 90 degrees might make for a more pleasing field of view, especially since I prefer the trunk part being vertical. But still the best I´ve seen so far :)

2 hours ago, MartinFransson said:

I know, I´ve got one myself :) Wasn´t sure about that scope, though. I´m working on this one too but with a 500mm tele lens so the framing will be tighter. I do like to see this whole area like you´ve got.

I can agree with you on the framing, rotating it 90 degrees might make for a more pleasing field of view, especially since I prefer the trunk part being vertical. But still the best I´ve seen so far :)

Well--I really should have done a 2 panel-- it's not quite all there.  But it took 2 months to shoot 1 frame, a mosaic was just not an option.  I am looking forward to seeing your inage. 500mm is a nice FL

Rodd

On 17/10/2018 at 06:56, MartinFransson said:

But still the best I´ve seen so far

Now I have to decide if I should get some more SII--will be clear tonight with some Moon influence--so NB is the plan.

Rodd

Archived