NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My last Mars for 2018

MarsG76

Hi all,

I finally got the time to process my final capture of Mars for this season, captured on 10 & 21 September.

The thing that I am stoked about it the fact that the Tharsis volcanoes and Olympus Mons showed up... as well as Valles Marinares as a fuzzy squiggle.

The view through the eyepiece was also amazing both nights also, seeing allowed me the magnify Mars upto 370X (at times I pushed it to 406X and still looked awesome) in my 8" SCT without it becoming blurry, it was still sharp and also massive in the eyepiece.

Clear skies.

MG

Mars 9Sep2018_1436UTC.jpg

Mars 21Sep2018_1212UTC.jpg

Mars 21Sep2018_1329UTC.jpg

14 hours ago, orion25 said:

Wow! NIce detail, Mars! Must these be the last?

Reggie

I assume that it's my last as Mars is getting far away from us... Of course if I happen to have a super clear night in the near future, I'll grab another one or two images....

14 hours ago, orion25 said:

I'm going to try to stretch it out to December, to complete another collage, though it's getting disappointingly smaller.  Just a few shots each month. Well, see, lol. 

Thanks for posting the images :) 

Reggie

I'm keen to see your results...

Archived