Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telescope 2016 (Film) (heads up)

@Charic which channel? On National Geographic channel there's an episode of 'Big, Bigger, Biggest' advertised at 1 o'clock in the morning on the 8th called 'telescope', but I'm not sure it's that one as the program descriptions differ.. 

6 hours ago, adyj1 said:

@Charic which channel? On National Geographic channel there's an episode of 'Big, Bigger, Biggest' advertised at 1 o'clock in the morning.......

There is a one off  issue about the worlds largest telescope  on Big,bigger,biggest, but the 'Film' Telescope is on Discovery HD 1.00pm on 08/10

50 minutes ago, ngwillym said:

Its 1AM not PM on the 8th

Yes, that's what I saw - the Big, Bigger, Biggest episode called Telescope (synopsis on IMDB) about the 'Large Binocular Telescope' from 2009.

This film called Telescope (IMDB) is the one @Charic is talking about, made in 2016 and talks about the James Webb.

I'll have to keep looking.

Thanks

Ady

3 hours ago, ngwillym said:

Its 1AM not PM on the 8th

Still showing up on my Sky+ as 1pm, and my recording schedule is set to record.  I've even confirmed the time and settinging  by swmbo?

Discovery HD 1.00pm on 08/10/18.

Its a TV movie from 2016, portraying the history of the telescope, and a look at the James Webb Telescope, as seen through the eyes of Scientists and telescopes since the beginning. "

• Charic changed the title to Telescope 2016 (Film) (heads up)

Let's clear this up once and for all ?

image.png.1efd8d78f96c84e2ccd6e05b4b632b63.png

The one-hour film made in 2016;

"A history of the telescope and a look at the James Webb telescope. A fascinating look at the universe through the eyes of scientists and telescopes since the beginning."

Thanks to @Charic for the tip-off.

Ady

PS - and repeated;

• Monday 8th October on Discovery from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
  • Monday 8th October on Discovery HD from 1:00pm to 2:00pm
  • Tuesday 9th October on Discovery from 4:40am to 5:30am
  • Tuesday 9th October on Discovery HD from 4:40am to 5:30am
  • Friday 12th October on Discovery Science from 12:00am to 1:00am
  • Sunday 14th October on Discovery Science from 10:00pm to 11:00pm

Archived