Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Esprit 100 - Storing your scope

1 hour ago, souls33k3r said:

That's quite a few of them Dave :D all astro stuff?

Yes, and there's a few more in the front passenger seat and the " wardrobe " :grin:

That's so ideal mate. Unlike me where my kit can be found almost in every corner of the house :D my wife did give me the option to buy the house next door just to put my kit but she wasn't going to help out with the mortgage.

Apart from the obs'y I've taken over the dining room and conservatory :grin:

Dave

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Yes, and there's a few more in the front passenger seat and the " wardrobe " :grin:

Dave

Hope you've put air vents in the one the Mrs gets packed away in, Dave :grin:

13 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Dave

Good God man, how smuch stuff you've got? ? 

My kit is now in the bedroom, the kids toy room, top shelves on both the cabinet, the store room under the staircase and the top cabinets of the kitchen. ? 

On 21/09/2018 at 18:16, souls33k3r said:

Nice one mate. I'm not sure what i want right now really. Just trying to bounce some ideas around. Basically the storage will only be used to store the scope away and not travel with it. I will pick my scope out of it and put it on the mount and then the scope goes back in the storage at the end of each session.

Sorry no i meant on my research :) Yours was very helpful indeed. I'm keep an eye out on the Scuba and will wait for you to get your scope and see how it fits first :)

So, My Esprit 100 has arrived ? and it fits in the Scuba box even with the finder on (but I suggest removing it during storage). I put on a second bar (Vixen) on top to work as handle and for attaching things like guide scope or piggy back camera). Tomorrow may be first light for this little beauty.

Sorry for the image quality (maybe the excitement over the new scope gave me the shakes)

20180925_115453_resized.jpg

15 minutes ago, gorann said:

So, My Esprit 100 has arrived ? and it fits in the Scuba box even with the finder on (but I suggest removing it during storage). I put on a second bar (Vixen) on top to work as handle and for attaching things like guide scope or piggy back camera). Tomorrow may be first light for this little beauty.

Sorry for the image quality (maybe the excitement over the new scope gave me the shakes)

20180925_115453_resized.jpg

Woop! woop! Good man, congratulation. This box seems like a perfect size for your scope and funnily enough i will be attaching a vixen dovetail on the top too which will have my Pegasus UPB and guidescope attached.

The only issue that i'm seeing with my setup is that i will also have FF, FW and Camera attached so the size is a no go for me unfortunately. I will need something bigger.

Don't worry about the shaky picture mate, i would be shaking with excitement too if i were  you :D

While i've got you here mate, would you mind quickly checking the width of the dew shield? 

19 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Woop! woop! Good man, congratulation. This box seems like a perfect size for your scope and funnily enough i will be attaching a vixen dovetail on the top too which will have my Pegasus UPB and guidescope attached.

The only issue that i'm seeing with my setup is that i will also have FF, FW and Camera attached so the size is a no go for me unfortunately. I will need something bigger.

Don't worry about the shaky picture mate, i would be shaking with excitement too if i were  you :D

While i've got you here mate, would you mind quickly checking the width of the dew shield? 

147 mm of the actual shield and 152 mm diameter of the lens cap. Good luck in you box hunting!

1 minute ago, gorann said:

147 mm of the actual shield and 152 mm diameter of the lens cap. Good luck in you box hunting!

Nice one mate, ta.

I did find a box but after knowing the length of the scope, i don't think it will be the right size for me so back on the hunt again :D

Like many others I have to set up and take down everytime.

I keep my scope in a cupboard with Filter Wheel and camera connected.  ( plastic bag to keep dust off camera).

I make sure the focus lock lever is off the ground by putting a small piece of wood under the focus tube frame. Also I sit the front of the scope on a thick soft pad.

I leave the Tube Rings and the Dovetail  plus Guidescope on the mount, and simply open them when re-mounting the scope.

Storage.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Especially if you wrap it in pretty paper :grin:

Dave

I promise you, my girls are pretty good with pimping up my stuff. As an example, this is my work pass which i had to wear all day because i promised them.

Conveniently, they covered my actual photo :D

pass.JPG.cdc532c99e5aa5180b155acd1674645f.JPG

Came across this neat little thing a few days ago in Ryman's ... Looks perfect for a scope case. 

Dimension: H25.5 x W15.5 x D82cm

wrapping.jpg.0e2518aefbeaafcd2e13ca4e46c01fa3.jpg

That's another "Really Useful Box"

They seem to have corned the market in boxes that are sizes and shapes people actually need.

Archived