Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Before i buy telescope can i get an idea of.....

koopakid

Hi all

Could viewers give me an idea of just how much more or better i will be able to see planets and the like with the new telescope i get, compared to the old one please before i buy. £100.00 is alot for me to shell out if i cant see much better! Thanks

1.Old telescope is

NIPON CF600x50 (2") refractor

VS

Skywatcher HERITAGE-100P Tabletop Parabolic Telescope

Any chance someone could supply pics of the difference (although i know thats a big ask)

Thanks

Hi Koopakid,

I afraid you will not get pictures of views through them, as they are not used for Astrophotography. Maybe only someone tried to do some via smarphone...

I have not used any of them, but online specs are almost the same, - so I doubt of any proper improvement....

4 minutes ago, Philip R said:

HI @koopakid

If you can save for bit more longer, then I personally would go for one of these --->https://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes/skywatcher-heritage-130p-flextube.html 

and for planets probably this one, which is also above your funds  ;( ... :(
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/heritage/skywatcher-heritage-90-virtuoso.html

but you can always check for a second hand ones, at https://www.astrobuysell.com/  or gumtree

as these cheap scopes often are unwanted gifts and sold for much cheaper

koopakid have you seen this thread:

I would certain recommend a browse down page one and and a look a the various pictures even if you don't read the majority of the text.  It might help to give a you a feel for what it is possible to see through various telescopes.

5 hours ago, RolandKol said:

Hi Koopakid,

I afraid you will not get pictures of views through them, as they are not used for Astrophotography. Maybe only someone tried to do some via smarphone...

I have not used any of them, but online specs are almost the same, - so I doubt of any proper improvement....

Oh? I was told by members on here a while ago that the heritage was much much better than the nipon and was recommended here? Now im confused!

2 minutes ago, koopakid said:

Oh? I was told by members on here a while ago that the heritage was much much better than the nipon and was recommended here? Now im confused!

The Heritage is a 4” vs 2” for the Nipon so should show a useful improvement in resolution for planets. You will not be getting dramatically good views mind you but at least the moons and two main bands on Jupiter, plus possibly shadow transits. Not easy but visible. Saturn’s rings should show clearly with the Heritage too, plus Titan.

6 hours ago, RolandKol said:

Er, the specs are actually completely different.

The Heritage 100 captures 4x as much light for one thing and has twice the resolution potential.

Nippon has no reputation as a quality scope builder whereas Skywatcher produces excellent scopes.

The Heritage 100 is a good starter scope although it has some limitations. Stu's assessment above is realistic :thumbright:

Archived