SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 6960 - Witch's Broomstick

Roy Batty

This was taken last night between 8 & 10:30pm totalling 95mins of data. It was taken with my un-modded DSLR so there is none of the usual Ha nebulosity visible that you may associate with this target.

I had quite a trawl through the various colour interpretations of this on the web and went for an "electric blue" kind of tone which some other imagers had also chosen.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out as the more I worked on the post processing the happier I got as opposed to the usual "am I making things worse?" thoughts :) .

Here's the details:

Prime focus DSLR on a C8-N, 19 X 5min subs, ISO800, guided with an ED80, webcam & PHD.

cheers

RB

NGC 6960 22nd October 08

9646_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

This is definitely the last spin on this one from me :) . It's actually a reduced sub-set of the subs, where I have excluded the last nine subs from the set (19) because they were suffering from increased light pollution.

Post processing I have given the nebulosity a bi-tonal look; I think this gives it a greater depth of field as opposed to my earlier mono-tonal versions. Hope this makes sense?

RB

9671_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks very much for the kind words. Tonight looks like being another fine one here in the SW, so I think I might have a bash at NGC 6979 - Pickerings Triangle. I'm just wondering if I should slap in my CLS EOS clip filter or not, and increase the sub length to compensate. It should help with the LP over to my west, plus it will let the OIII emissions through OK - any thoughts guys?

RB

Archived