Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC100 GPS

erg121

I was observing at the Washington Wetlands on 31st August and ended up looking at the Cats Eye Nebula, Saturn, Blue Snowball, M92, Andromeda Galaxy and numerous others.

I was going to view Mars which was in the middle of the sky but it didn't show on the list on the hand controller?

Has anyone had an issue like this and do you know if there is anything I can do to rectify this?

I'm also using Star Sense on the CPC1100 and have picked up Mars on previous occasions?

As usual, any help would be much appreciated?

The celestron handset only lists the planets that it thinks are above the horizon. If it was not in the list then the handset must have calculated that it was not in the sky at the time you were using it...

I would check the date & time showing in the handset and make sure the scope GPS battery has not run out & check that you have enabled the "GPS" in the starsense handset?

p24 of the manual...

image.png.4327043225b34c1e6adc520f457b74d2.png

Thanks for the quick response 'alanjgreen'.

My concern was that Neptune was appearing on the list which was lower than Mars from what I can remember?

I'll check the batteries etc when I get in from work and see if this is causing the issue?

may also read into updating the control if possible.

Many thanks

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 21:21, kirkster501 said:

CPC1100 = winner.  Great scope. I had one myself, flogged it and miss it if I'm honest.  Loved the simplicity of it.  I may get another.

It's so easy to set up. I tend to use this scope for viewing and if the weather is looking a little iffy as its quick to set up and put away?

Real proton vacuum. Love it.

3 hours ago, erg121 said:

It's so easy to set up. I tend to use this scope for viewing and if the weather is looking a little iffy as its quick to set up and put away?

Real proton vacuum. Love it.

Yep, you can get the scope back inside in a minute if the weather starts to look threatening.

• 1 month later...

I've been using my CPC1100 for almost 2 decades now. It's very versatile. I started with purely visual observing, went to webcam astrophotography, moved up to some better cameras, and now I'm starting out in spectroscopy. I've upgraded the finderscope to a much larger guidescope, upgraded the guidescope mount to the point where I needed a set of counterweights, and added a StarSense camera and a Polemaster. It's a great all-around system.

John,

Welcome to the world of spectroscopy.

While not exactly the CPC1100, many amateurs in spectroscopy make use of the versatile C11, including Robin and I.

When you progress to a slit spectrograph you may find issues with the lack of rear cell clearance - that was the driving force for me to change from a 12" LX200 to the C11 mounted on an NEQ6.

Mainsail Obs 001s.jpg

I loved my CPC 1100 while i had it, but it almost did me in twice while carrying it down my stairs, horrible scare, had to sell, just too big and no way to carry it without having it in front of your face due to placement of handles.

Archived