Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW Esprit tube ring screw sizes

Astrokev

Hi All

Please can anyone tell me the screw/bolt size to fit the SW Esprit 100 tube rings?

I want to add another dovetail on the top of the rings.

I've read on another forum that they may be 1/4" but I'm not sure of the threads per inch. Also, can anyone recommend an online supplier that specifies sizes including thread per inch? I'm really struggling to find anything in my searches.

Many thanks

Kev

Just now, Astrokev said:

Thanks Dave. What's the difference between UNC and UNF - sorry if this is a stupid question

As you said its the thread per inch, I think SW use UNC  ( C = coarse, F = fine ) but there is all sorts of confusion mostly caused by our American cousins refusing to adopt the metric system.

I have 2 identical sets of William Optic tube rings, one with metric threads and one with imperial threads.

Stainless steel bolts are pretty cheap so it's worth getting a selection of both sorts off E'Bay 

Dave

Hi Daz

Thanks for checking and confirming. Awfully nice of you to offer to send some, but I now reckon I need quite a few, so have just placed an order on flea-bay. They're surprisingly cheap!

thanks again ?

cheers

1 hour ago, daz said:

No worries - have you got the link, as I may as well order some additional ones - you never know what the future holds :)

Cheers!

Hi Daz

These are what I got and they're fine. I went for cap headed sockets - they do other styles also.  The length will obviously depend on what you want to attach and which tube-ring hole you want to use.  This site is pretty good - lots of different pack sizes etc. Hope this helps

cheers, Kev

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless-Steel-UNC-Imperial-Socket-Caps-Allen-Bolts-1-4-x-3-4-10-Pack-/360177310426?hash=item53dc3d9ada

Archived