stargazine_ep46_banner.thumb.jpg.34e6cdd5a0856b006a0b47c6373eb9b1.jpg

Totality of the Longest duration total lunar eclipse of the century. While this is just one image, given that Bangalore was completely clouded out, or rather, my location was completely clouded out, I had previously planned to put the mount and scope on tracking, so that even if there was a break in the clouds for a few seconds, I should be able to capture the moment. The shot below was taken through hazy conditions, but given that the conditions were such, I am happy with the outcome. The next eclipse is due to occur on 21st  Jan 2019(?). I shall be better prepared. 
Scope: Orion 80ED with Orion Field Flattener
Mount: Sky-Watcher HEQ5 PRO
Exposure: o.5s
ISO: 6400
Camera: Canon 550D

LunarEclipse27072018webcopy.jpg

• Like 13
16 minutes ago, astrosathya said:

The next eclipse is due to occur on 21st  Jan 2019(?)

Yes, but unfortunately that one will only be a partial eclipse.

• Like 1
On 28/07/2018 at 06:37, MarsG76 said:

Yes, but unfortunately that one will only be a partial eclipse.

Not in the UK. I think its another total, obviously it will be wind, rain, snow, sleet, hail and any else other than clear skies ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Not in the UK. I think its another total, obviously it will be wind, rain, snow, sleet, hail and any else other than clear skies ?

Think positive... otherwise you will summon everything but clear skies.

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Andonie
      Gear Used:
      - Nikon D3300
      - Celestron Astromaster 130EQ
      - T-ring + Barlow x2
      I will explain this as briefly as possible.
      Because I cannot photograph in direct focus with my telescope and camera, I have to use the x2. when there is a full moon, it does not enter the frame, it comes out around the edges, so I think I should make a mosaic.
      The problem is that I do not have a motorized mount, so anileation is critical.
      The problem with PIPP is that it does not correct the rotation of the moon, so it does not work for me.
      I aligned the photos in Photoshop, and exported them in tiff.
      I then moved them to Autostakkert! 3 and it stacked without any problem. Use 40% of the best frames.
      Finally, I use RegiStax6, and when using the waveletes, as seen in the image, it generates an incredibly loud noise. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, is it RegiStax, is it AS! 3 or is it Photoshop.

(Errors are clearly seen in the lower part of the product because I do not have a mount, but it has happened to me in other images and the same does not happen with the noise.)
      I do not understand and I am desperate as it is horrible not being able to photograph a full moon decently.
      I urgently need someone to help me. I put all the general details for you to understand, if you need to know more, please let me know. a greeting.
      (below demonstrative image)

• By luvalezim
      Hello.
      My name is Luiza, I am a student of Computer Engineering in São Paulo, Brazil and I would like to ask for your help.
      As yesterday was the super pink moon day, I, at about 22:50, decided to take several photos of the moon using my phone and my non-digital telescope. And, analyzing the photos now, I realized that in some of them there are certain objects that I can't say exactly what they are. Could you help me identify them, please? I am not sure if they are satellites, ISS, Hubble, etc ... and I am very intrigued by themphotos.rar.
      P.S: the objects are in the lower left corner of the images

• By StarPrincess
      Moon Surface with AstroDinsk
      23 April 2021 21:35
      Celestron Nexstar 6SE
      ZWO ASI astrocamera 462mc

• By Geordie mc
      Skywatcher illuminated reticule eyepiece. It has a red crosshair pattern. I think it’s 24mm rather than the newer 12.5mm models. Great condition. Looking for £35 including postage from France. Thanks.

• By Astrodinsk
      Moon panorama Date: 02/21/2021 Time: 20:12 +03.00 Height: 64 degrees In the constellation Taurus Lit: 69% Telescope: Sky-Watcher 150 / 750PDS Camera: ZWO ASI462MC Mount: Sky-Watcher Heq5 ProSynScan Panorama from 4 fragments Videos for 120 seconds Resolution: 1936x1096 Exposure time: 2ms Gain: 0 73FPS Added 250 frames from 8855 Software: Shooting in FireCapture Build: Autostackert 3.1.4 Wavelets and deconvolution: AstroSurface Panorama: Microsoft ICE Post-processing: Photoshop

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.