Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Light

barkingsteve

Hi,

Finally got my telescope ( 925 evo ) and a 385c camera. ( posted a year ago as Max Scrotes asking for some advice but forgot password and not receiving email recovery ? )   anyway, this is my very first image captured tonight and thought i would share here. i took 1500 frames with sharpcap at 60fps, used atostakkert to stack 20% and did some photoshop magic. As you can tell, i am peretty much winging it but very happy with my 1st attempt :)

moon1240718.thumb.jpg.e1be52e747d21d81e49c0679de94341e.jpg

thank you stargazers lounge  :D  without a place to learn i would still be dreaming of the day i could actually capture an image like this.

Welcome back, Steve.

Many a member has started their imaging career on good ol'Luna. Capturing the way craters near the terminator (the edge between the dark and light parts) change in appearance as they brighten or darken has a fascination all of its own.

Thank you guys, always nice to get confirmation that i am on the right track :D Still getting to grips with all this new software i have to learn. I also collected some data with the focal reducer ( didn't realise until this morning, doh! )  1500 frames, stacked 10% and ps jiggery pokery :)

3moon240718.thumb.jpg.19323623f55b8c7e461072d3ec9ffcee.jpg

Archived