Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Dob Gets A Sock

cloudsweeper

Looking forwards to when the Dob resides in a shed, and after advice from SGL, realised I needed a cover to keep creepy-crawlies out of the bottom end.  So it came today - a nice US-made Astrozap cover, courtesy of RVO.

I also received two EP adaptors to allow me to slip my dual-fit Hyperions into the 2" focuser.  (Couldn't reach focus without.)  Got them through Ebay from China - very pleased, keen price, nice quality, and only eight days from order to delivery.

Doug.

P1060382.JPG

Just now, scarp15 said:

Looks great and it does look at home residing where it is, but can appreciate that view point might not be shared. Should certainly help keep creepy crawlies at bay.

Yes, Iain.  I'm happy with it there, but Mrs. Sweeper has a different agenda (understandably)!

Doug.

ditto scarp15's comment, "looks fine where it is".

Put Mrs Sweeper on! and while she's chatting here, move/rid  those nested tables? their probably taking more surface area than the scope, you'll then have a clear path to that door!

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That is a nice looking Dob! 10" ?

Indeed - a Bresser Messier 10".  The mirror size is 10" of course; the actual tube is 12" - it is just manageable (for me), so I'm happy I didn't go any larger!

Doug.

8 hours ago, Charic said:

ditto scarp15's comment, "looks fine where it is".

Put Mrs Sweeper on! and while she's chatting here, move/rid  those nested tables? their probably taking more surface area than the scope, you'll then have a clear path to that door!

Move furniture for a telescope? - that's dangerous talk!  ?

D.

Archived