Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Its been a while.....

Uranium235

Its been a bit difficult to set up for the past month or so due to the back garden resembling a building site. So last week I got a skip and cleared away the rubble, but even then I had no opportunity to set up late enough in the evening... But, finally, last night I got out for a quick session to stop me from going rusty :)

Again, the Samyang performed flawlessly - especially now that ive removed all play from the bayonet connection and tweaked the lens>sensor distance. The corner stars are pretty much perfect at f2.

So, just an hour in 5min subs. Unfortunately, my new house does not have the southern view my old place did - so this is as low as I can go without going to a dark site... which im considering for next weekend if the weather holds up.

12x300 (Ha)

Samyang 135mm @f2, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking :)

41473945170_6cb0f36184_k.jpg

1 hour ago, Uranium235 said:

Thanks for looking

Sorry to be ignorant but what are we looking at?

I've just started using a Samyang 135 with an Atik 428mono and I've been delighted so far with the results at f2.

I'm waiting for a clear moonless night to give it a go with the 414osc.

Adrian

14 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Sorry to be ignorant but what are we looking at?

I've just started using a Samyang 135 with an Atik 428mono and I've been delighted so far with the results at f2.

I'm waiting for a clear moonless night to give it a go with the 414osc.

Adrian

Top left: m16

Top centre: m17 

Top right (ish): saggitarius star cloud

:) 

10 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Stunning. A glorious composition. Welcome back!

Olly

Thanks Olly, things have been a bit sketchy for the last couple of months - there has been either loads getting in the way, or when Ive had a quiet night ive been just too hot and bothered to set it all up. I'll be glad to see the back of this particular Summer! :D 

A couple of weeks is fine, but two months of blazing hot weather.... not my cup of tea (especially when trying to build a patio).

Archived