SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SATURN - RUSSIAN RESOLVING POWER

Lovely image you obviously had sum really good seeing ? with the combination good seeing and a well collimated scope of the highest order( I am of course biased having a intes micro scope)  this is what is possible ,oh and some good processing skills  ,again well done  I bet visually it was stunning 

regards stuart

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/07/2018 at 12:12, si@nite said:

Hi Dave

If no barlow was used to obtain your image id be intrested to know if it was scaled up because im at well over 3m native with smaller pixel cam, & my image scale is small without amplification! ? Or maybe you used 3x drizzle! as said above! Regards Simon! ?!

@dave armeson can you give us some more detail on the image, interesting to hear how you achieved the image scale with the native focal length. Thanks

On 11/07/2018 at 11:43, malc-c said:

It's in the description - Intes Micro 815D - £4K worth of OTA https://www.astroshop.eu/intesmicro-maksutov-telescope-mc-203-3000-alter-m815-ota/p,6559

£5k if you have a look around.  That is. What Widescreen Centre quoted me.

my “Svetlana “. Is quite a rare lady in the UK. I’m a lucky. Chap ?

On 11/07/2018 at 22:02, stuy said:

Lovely image you obviously had sum really good seeing ? with the combination good seeing and a well collimated scope of the highest order( I am of course biased having a intes micro scope)  this is what is possible ,oh and some good processing skills  ,again well done  I bet visually it was stunning 

regards stuart

It was. Indeed ?

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Presumably taken in March or April going by the position of the shadow on the rings?

I’ve. Got gigs of data taken earlier this year to wade through. I find my Point Grey Blackfly Camera better than a comparable ZWO Camera.

1 minute ago, dave armeson said:

I’ve. Got gigs of data taken earlier this year to wade through. I find my Point Grey Blackfly Camera better than a comparable ZWO Camera.

When was this one taken Dave?

Just now, dave armeson said:

Early April. Had a late night that night. The Intes takes a bit of cooling but when it has....stunning. ?

Good stuff. Could you post up the detail answering the questions about image scale? Lots of people interested in that point :) 

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Good stuff. Could you post up the detail answering the questions about image scale? Lots of people interested in that point :) 

Checking my records I did use an IR Pass filter and Revelation Astro 2inch ED BARLOW.,  and drizzle in Autostakkert 2. I use Autostakkert to stack my images, this produces a tiff file with all my data in it - looks slightly fuzzy, but I then use Wavelet processing in Registax to tweak out the details, just like on my Lunar Images. A bit of classic “poetic license “ finishing off in Pixelmator.

21 hours ago, dave armeson said:

It was. Indeed ?

Intes micro scopes really do perform he’s an image from 5 years ago taken with a 10” mn  5x powermate 742nm filter  at the eyepiece was jaw dropping glad I had a few friends around to witness it Regards stuart 

3922EE26-3D76-4029-BAD4-6638A2E95D1C.png

On 13/07/2018 at 20:58, si@nite said:

C9.25 - can compete & a lot less cash!

Ir.png

19th-4-16.png

rgb wj combined.png

Nice images. The C9.25 is probably the sweet spot in the Celestron range. However if you really want to push things optically the Intes will outperform commercial SCT’S 3 to 4 inches larger. The image might not be as bright but it will show more finely rendered detail. It’s ok getting light into your scope, it’s how the scopes Optics “massage it” when it’s in there. Quality over quantity wins every time. My IM has 1/9.5 nearly 10th wave Optics and an awesome system Strehl Ratio Of 0.985. The central obstruction is only 25%.

59 minutes ago, dave armeson said:

Nice images. The C9.25 is probably the sweet spot in the Celestron range. However if you really want to push things optically the Intes will outperform commercial SCT’S 3 to 4 inches larger. The image might not be as bright but it will show more finely rendered detail. It’s ok getting light into your scope, it’s how the scopes Optics “massage it” when it’s in there. Quality over quantity wins every time. My IM has 1/9.5 nearly 10th wave Optics and an awesome system Strehl Ratio Of 0.985. The central obstruction is only 25%.

?!

There have been several discussions on Cloudy Nights forum where people have said the IM 815 is easily the equal of a top quality 6 inch APO Refractor ?

you might have 1.25 inches more aperture, but due to a 35% central obstruction I willl beat you on contrast for a start - and the surface accuracy of finer figured mirrors will also make a difference- have a look  around on Cloudy nights ?

‘Anyway it’s not a bun slinging contest

I must put my 2 pennies worth in here having owned so many different “quality “ scopes of different makes , the seeing is everything ! A well collimated SCTwill produce lovely images  fact! BUT a  Mak either a F15 or a Mak Newt 5.5 CO 20%!

With optical surfaces figured to a Strehl value of 96/98  will produce a more contrasty images resulting in finer details visible on objects like Jupiter etc.. 

its just weighing up the seeing here in the UK and the cost of a high end Mak , it’s a personal choice ,to me WHEN we get the seeing ( not often) I want the best possible image, so the extra cost in the high end figured optics for me is worth it !! These scopes come into there own when we get good seeing FACT 

Archived