NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter from last night (21st May)

2 minutes ago, Galen Gilmore said:

Nice pictures and detail, reminds me of when I saw Jupiter through a 10" newt in Arizona.

I was never able to get very good planetary photos, I tried but I never got the hang of it. (>_<) 

Thanks, the processing is the tricky bit. Here is a reprocess of one I did a few nights ago. An improvement!

1696508406_Jupiter3Xhighisoreprocess.png.109fbc2aa31d67f731ae8f765372321c.png

Very nice. Well done! :) I got some images of Jupiter last night with my smaller 4SE Celestron mak, but seeing was very poor, and didn’t have enough aperture really to get any better detail. Still have some more files to work through, but don’t think I will improve what I got below. Pushing wavelets too high just increases the noise, so I kept them to a low setting. Will try again with my C8 as soon as I can again when I’m back home at the weekend. I did manage to capture the GRS though, and the dark vortex above it that shows in your excellent image too.

34F88D53-C593-4A07-8BC9-ED8D0D641302.thumb.jpeg.68b857a51840eda4eac8461f63737105.jpeg

4 hours ago, simmo39 said:

Nice Tim, Playing with the wavelets I think is a bit of an art. I still havent got it sussed yet!

Me neither, I used the settings on this page...

https://www.awesomeastronomy.com/tutorials/planetary-imaging/60-a-step-by-step-guide-to-processing-planetary-images

Archived