ngc 6888

Hi everyone

Comparison; 2 and 4 hours. I thought that with the extra frames I'd be able to push more, Quite disappointing to see little improvement over the 2 hour snap with the same stretching.

Here is the 2 hour with a sensible stretch and a stretch and hope version of the 4 hour data...

Thanks for looking and any comments -especially on the stretching- most welcome.

700d on 250p 14x8min and 28x8min

6888-2.thumb.jpg.c4e2b5bf13803cf2ecd2d8a824925c91.jpg

6888-3.thumb.jpg.7ec50394735f19a3255ef8cd1879751b.jpg

I think I agree with your comments and that the extra frames haven't really added anything to this image...bizarrely the second image actually "looks" noisier. I prefer the crisp cleaner appearance of the first image...lovely colours by the way..

Steve

20 minutes ago, SteveA said:

the second image actually "looks" noisier.

I have found the same with my own results . It seems that the whole area has a sub-surface gaseous 'fuzz'  that just lifts out of the darkness when you stretch the image...

21 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi everyone

Comparison; 2 and 4 hours. I thought that with the extra frames I'd be able to push more, Quite disappointing to see little improvement over the 2 hour snap with the same stretching.

Here is the 2 hour with a sensible stretch and a stretch and hope version of the 4 hour data...

Thanks for looking and any comments -especially on the stretching- most welcome.

700d on 250p 14x8min and 28x8min

6888-2.thumb.jpg.c4e2b5bf13803cf2ecd2d8a824925c91.jpg

6888-3.thumb.jpg.7ec50394735f19a3255ef8cd1879751b.jpg

Very strange. Stacked the same way? Bad couple of frames in there? Moon getting brighter? (Still don't know how you get these with the moon at 33%) something must be wrong. 

22 hours ago, newbie alert said:

the same night?

Hi. No. By the time it's high enough to begin imaging, there are only around 2 hours before sunrise. So 2 nights.

3 hours ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

the moon at 33%

This is at new moon and the night after. 

3 hours ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

Bad couple of frames in there

They look OK. I removed the camera between sessions to check collimation. Maybe that's not good for the flat frames. I don't think you can ever get it back exactly? The collimation was fine. I really wish I'd left it be.

Archived